Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New monthly article...Redrafting "Ventura-style"

+2
chiliwilly
tventura
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New monthly article...Redrafting "Ventura-style"  - Page 4 Empty Re: New monthly article...Redrafting "Ventura-style"

Post by The Ghost Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 20:42

Ok Vic, get your facts straight before you assume anything! Ask Tom how many times I've asked him about a trade in this league before I made it.... After trades, yes I ask Tom and other Gm's what hay thought just to get a vibe from others in the league... Not to see if I messed up! I trade for players I want and regardless of what tom or anyone else says I like the trades I made!! Did I win all of the trades... No, am I happy with the moves I have made and the team I have? Yes... This is a keeper league and one year you might look at a trade and say fuck wish I wouldn't of did that but the next year look at the same trade and say well its looking better and better... Kinda like the giroux trade I made... Last year I told you that was a trade I thought I lost because of how good giroux looked and hall was hurt but this year hall is beating him in points.... Am I saying hall is better then giroux? No but it's looking better and better and I don't know what the future holds! Did I text and call Tom about a offer I got in the WHP? Yes... Why did I call him? To ask if it was good for my team??? No, I knew the trade was in my favour by a mile! The only reason I called him was to see if I should do that to the other GM... This other GM (not naming names) has never been in the money or even in the top 5 in 7 years ...there is NO vetoing in the WHP and since I'm a nice guy I felt bad for the offer I got and was thinking about saying No just because I didn't want to set him back another 5 years!!! I know I shouldn't feel that way but I do these pools for fun with "friends" and I want everyone to succeed and have fun... I know this is hard for you to understand because the only thing you care about is yourself!!! What's best for Vic!!! It doesn't matter about anyone else because I'm Vic... 10x the man then everyone!!! Yeah yeah Vic we all know!!!!

Once again for 1000 time.... I TOOK OVER A TEAM, I did not draft this team so when I took it over I moved the players that I didn't like or thought their value was at its highest... Some turned out to be better then I thought and some turned out the way I thought!!! But since its only been 2 years... I know this feels like a long time to you because your run lasted all of 6 months but 2 years I nothing in a keeper league!!!! I know your upset that you didn't win during that 6 month run but I had nothing to do with where you placed!!!! You finish 4th and I didn't help all those teams and tom still would of beat you! You fucked it up all by yourself... In case your wondering... I'm not talking about backstrom and stastny when I talk about players that turned out better then I thought!!!! I'm talking about Tavares and subban!!! I know I don't need to explain what I was thinking when I moved them but I will... I watched Tavares and thought his skating was weak at best and he was on a SHIT team with no future and I knew he would be stuck there forever... Well he worked on his skating and looks like he has a chance to be a superstar but I'm still happy with Seguin on a better team but will tak longer to get where Tavares is now but since I'm not going for it, I'm ok with that!!! The reason I moved subban was because he was your typical nigger!!! All he cared about was himself and anyone that's played hockey knows its a team game and if your team don't like you... Your fucked! Well I give the guy credit... His holdout turned out to be the best thing that could of happened to him!!! He now knows its all about the team and his team is rewarding him!!!! Btw I was right about him... If you watched when he was off his team didn't care but he changed!!! Good for him and bad for me!!!
So yes I've lost some trades and won some but it's only been 2 YEARS and no one knows what the future holds!!!!

So now that I'm done explaining myself I would like this time to give back some of the knowledge that I have gotten over the years. You have been so nice to help out everyone in this league but it has taken the toll on your team! I don't think that's fair and its my turn to give back! Since you have spent 60% of your time helping others, 39% writing articles so that everyone knows when you are right and to make sure you get your thoughts out there and only 1% working on your team I will help you out since I'm happy with my team and only need to watch, wait, make a couple tweaks here and there! I will have lots of time for you!!!

So I sat down and tried to figure out what you should do... It obvious you need to rebuild not retool but I know this wont sit well with a guy with a ego as big as yours, so as you can expect this will not be easy to come up with something that won't keep you at the bottom too long ( don't want that ego to take to big of a hit) but I think I did it... I think your going to be very excited with my plan.. You can call it your plan (feed that ego) I first tried to think about what your strong suits are ( this will make the rebuild happen faster) (feed that ego) trading??? I didn't do too much homework on this but from what I've read... You talk about trades you lost but not too much(if any) that you won, so trading will be hard. But the good... Drafting - first you drafted a MONSTER team... From what you said the best original draft... Then you backed it up with a great draft last year... The best goalie, a couple future superstars and o'reaily this is good... More good news, your time spent looking and evaluating other people's teams will come in handy... You evaluate prospects like no other so when you start your rebuild you will know what players to go after... This will help because trading is not your strong suit! So back to the plan now that we know your strong suits...
Drafting, evaluating prospects and of course talking! Didn't think I need to mention this earlier... You talk like no one I have ever met... It will come in handy!

First step - start talking to ever GM about YOUR players, NOT there's! Find out who people like and who they don't... This will help you when trading opens back up... You will be able to put Gm's against each other.. It's a good thing!

Second step - start talking to other Gm's about there players and about other players they like on other team... It will help you with the value of each player.. Find out what they would pay for other teams players and what you can get from them cheap!!! Remember during these first 2 steps your going to have to be nice to them or you won't get any info!

Third step - wait for trading to open up... This step is key to the BIG plan
Now that you know what people want and what they will pay... Start trading players away one at a time.. It will drive the prices up because once you trade a player to say Rob... Tom and the other GM'S going for it will need to keep up or they will fall behind and not have a chance to win! Make sure you trade for the young prospects that you know will be superstars and draft picks... Because you draft better then everyone... A third rounder to you is like a 1st overall to us studip people (or as you would say retards)

Fourth step - this is the biggest and most important part... You will be near the bottom, I know, I know... What about your ego???? At first I had a hard time figuring out how to feed that ego since i have confidence in myself, my ego is not that big ( fuck i wish it was higher but ive been put down so much by guys like you that are 10x the man i am... btw i thought you were just being nice only sayibg 10x, its more like a 100x) but after hours and hours of thinking it final hit me... I know how to feed that ego!!!! Are you listening???? This is very very very important... When trading make sure you trade at least 1 player to each team.. This way when ever a team wins you can be part of the reason they won... You can write articles ever year because you will have given each team a player!!! Even newbs because there's a good chance he will win before you... I know it might be awhile for him but you don't want to take the chance not to be part of a championship team... Cover all bases!!!

Fifth step - 8 to 15 years from now you will have that MONSTER team that you drafted but fucked up!!! Don't try to go for it too early but in case you make a mistake and fuck up again... Print this out and put it in your safe, I only help ROOKIES out once!!!!!

To feed your EGO more I will do this one last thing for you!!!! I don't know about the other GM'S but when I win, I will let you take it home for one night and get a picture with it!!!! This will be a motivational tactic to remind you of what the goal is!!!

Now you see me, now you don't!!! The Ghost

Helping rookies since 2010

The Ghost

Back to top Go down

New monthly article...Redrafting "Ventura-style"  - Page 4 Empty Re: New monthly article...Redrafting "Ventura-style"

Post by Yanne Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 23:22

Was that the nail in the coffin?

Hahahaha!

Ok no more novels from you two fags!!

Can we all hug and make up???
Yanne
Yanne

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 2:02

I think that is a fantastic plan Vic, whitey u are waaaaaay to nice please stop helping him!!!!!!!
tventura
tventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 10:04

do not help Vic in any way!!!

while he is down..............we should all pile up and step on his fucking throat!!
I don't want to kill him, just put him on life support so we can rape him from the remaining few players he has left.

also, Ghost Man, now that I see you, please evaluate my team as my team is shit and I have finished second last 2 years in a row. I am the one who needs help, NO EGO VIC!

I don't mind getting a hand from a fellow GM.

just promise me it won't be a 567 page book. point form is preferable.

P.S.
please don't help Vic by telling him who to select in the first round!

and Vic you fucking homo............I didn't reference you in, so we don't need any reply from Mr. Ego!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 22:43

Don't worry Lou I will make this short and to the point!
I think you should just stay the course, you don't need my advice as I am just a bi polar, semi retard that is 1 tenth the man others are! I'm the one that should of took your advice and not traded Vic's 1st round... Yes, I'm very high on Purcell but bought Vic's shit and thought he was going to come 4th again!!! Fuck

The only advice I have for you that will actually pay off is, when you final set up that ball hockey game with Mark, Jens and Vic, do what soccer players do best... When one of those guys comes even close to you, fall, grab your leg, ankle, arm or whatever body part you want and roll around like you've been killed!!! This should stop the game and the embarrassment of getting killed!!!

Your welcome!!

Now you see me, now you don't!!!! The ghost

The Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 9:42

ok, I see.................I guess you want in on me making you morons look bad!!

I was going to take it easy on YOU, but now you touched a nerve, you are the same as Jens, Mark and that other moron you have on your team.
YOU WILL LOSE!

how funny is it going to be, when you lose a game that you have grown up playing to a bunch of soccer players???

just to put this in perspective..........................how would you guys feel, if these exact same teams went onto the field and played a soccer game, AND YOU WON??

could you imagine that?

hahahahahahahahaha..................................

unfortunately, I am going to have to make you look real bad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 9:54

guys, I haven't heard or seen Vic in a long time.

I have texted him many times, and yet no reply.

can someone please check on him?
I fear that he finally had that dreaded heart attack that we all have been waiting for.

so............can someone please check in on him?
wait exactly 8 days from now (just in case he is still kicking) and then please pay him a visit. if he doesn't answer, kick down the door.

oh, if by chance you find any valuables, they are yours for the taking.

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:12

He's alive!!!!!!!!!!!! I kicked down the front door to his house and there was the fat fuck stuffing his face with "humble pie" what a mess, I've never seen him so low!!!

Stay strong Vic, it can only get better....IT HAS TO!
tventura
tventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 16:44

he's not fat dummy...............it's called being "big boned"

Is there such thing as being big boned?
7 years ago Report Abuse

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

No, when people refer to big boned, they mean the person has a body type that is endomorphic (inclined for obesity). For some women, having a mesomorphic (muscular) body type will classify them as big-boned. Not all people are ectomorphic (thin body type), a body type which was not considered to be attractive until the last century.

losersru...
no being big boned is a myth. they showed it on vh1 show "celebrity fit club" but there is a such thing as bones being farther spread apart than some pplz . thats y someppl have bigger frames
7 years ago Report Abuse
12 people rated this as good

troyboy
yes. Brooke Shields is big boned. Some people think she's fat, and to make it worse, she has small boobs. Luckily for her she has height to her advantage. Big boned refers to a wide bone structure, (not thick bones). "Big boned" people have to get their cloths tailored more often.

Back to top Go down

Post by vsobs Sun 14 Apr 2013 - 21:18

Guys, I first want to aplogize. I wanted to take a few days to analyze a few things, rethink some of the comments that were made, and respond appropriately. After really focussing on a number of the generous points made by Whitey I have come to the following conclusion. Thank you, but..................

FUCK YOUUUUUU!!!!!

1. Let me start with one of your first comments:
Did I text and call Tom about an offer I got in the WHP? Yes... Why did I call him? To ask if it was good for my team??? No, I knew the trade was in my favour by a mile! The only reason I called him was to see if I should do that to the other GM...” there is NO vetoing in the WHP and since I'm a nice guy I felt bad for the offer I got and was thinking about saying No just because I didn't want to set him back another 5 years!!! I know I shouldn't feel that way but I do these pools for fun with "friends" and I want everyone to succeed and have fun... I know this is hard for you to understand because the only thing you care about is yourself!!! What's best for Vic!!!

TOM'S RESPONSE TO YOU AT TIM HORTON'S WITH ME 2 FEET AWAY
“Fuck ya Whitey. Who gives a fuck about him? Absolutely.”
TOM ALSO QUOTED ON THIS SITE THAT HIS GOAL IS TO FUCK THE OTHER GUY AS MUCH AS HE CAN IN ANY TRADE HE MAKES.
THIS SOUNDS LIKE GUY THE CARES ABOUT EVERYONE AND WANTS FRIENDS TO SUCCEED.
THIS IS THE GUY YOU CALL FOR ADVICE.
THIS IS THE GUY YOU LOOK UP TO.
THIS IS THE GUY YOU ADMIRE.
THIS IS THE GUY WHO'S PORTRAIT HANGS ABOVE YOUR MANTLE AND YOU PRAY TO EVERY NIGHT
THIS IS THE GUY WHO LAUGHS AT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK AND SAYS:
Look at this dumb fuck trading me this 24 yr old 9th highest scoring forward Backstrom.
THIS IS YOUR HERO!!!!

It obvious you need to rebuild not retool

I'M SORRY, BUT YOU ARE RIGHT. MY EGO WON'T LET ME SEE IT AND IN FACT TELLS ME "NOT YET VIC!!!"

You talk about trades you lost but not too much(if any) that you won, so trading will be hard
As a result I broke down my trades for you:
VIC WON 4
VIC LOST 3
VIC PUSHED 2
3 UNKNOWN SO FAR

You drafted a MONSTER team
YES I DID! BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT TOM TO GET ST. LOUIS, BACKSTROM, STASTNY, BUFF, AND BURNS. OH, AND BY THE WAY MY MONSTER TEAM THAT I DRAFTED HAD THE HIGHEST PPG LAST YEAR. SO YES, I DRAFTED A MONSTER TEAM!!

5. As for your First step:
ALREADY DO THAT

6. As for your Second step
ALREADY DO THAT

7. As for your Third step
ALREADY DO THAT

A third rounder to you is like a 1st overall to us stupid people (or as you would say retards)
I THINK I CAN GET A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS IN THE 3RD. I JUST HAVE THAT MUCH CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF. I'M SORRY THAT BOTHERS YOU BUT......
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!

9. As for your Fourth step
I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TRADING WITH YOU AND BEING PART OF A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

10. As for your Fifth step
I GOT A BETTER IDEA. HOW ABOUT YOU SEND THAT SAME MESSAGE ABOUT WINNING THE POOL TO YOUR WHP ACCOUNT WHERE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU MIGHT WIN IN ANOTHER 8-15 YEARS. THAT WILL GIVE YOU YOUR FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP IN YEAR 15 OF THE WHP YOU DUMB FUCKING LOSER!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!
vsobs
vsobs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 5:15

Sometimes I wonder how you graduated high school! I'm not going to make this long because trying to make you understand is impossible!

Yes i text Tom and yes I talk hockey with him. I also talk to willy, Jens, mark, matt, Lou and just about anyone! I enjoying talking hockey! It's nice to talk hockey to people that have an opinion and can appreciate other people having a different opinion. I don't look up to or admire Tom.... Do I respect him? Yes, if you don't respect someone that has proved that he knows how to win then you are just a loser!!! Does Tom try to win every trade he makes??? Let me think about that you stupid fuck!

How stupid are you... You drafted the best team, you won more trades then you lost and you drafted well..... 4th place and 5th at best this year.... Something does equal out! I know I'm a bipolar, semi retard but you drafted the best team, drafted good and won more trades then you lost but your team is on its way down??????? If that the case I want to continue to lose trades and draft stupid!!!

Vic, The only thing that matter is if you like you team now and think your team is only going to get better!!!! I DO.... You don't or you would of done a 10 year bet with me!!!

I'm done wasting my time explaining to you!!! Enjoy your team!!!

Now you see me, now you don't!!! The ghost

The Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 5:22

Like I said before... I admitted that I didn't know what I was doing when I started the whp!!! But if I sent out an email of everyone's team in this league to the whp people I'm sure they would have a good laugh at the all might Vic and his monster team!!!!!

I've learned and I like what I have done with my team!!! I'm sure I would get more people in the whp to pick my team over yours!!!! Hahahaha

Vic " in the money"sobieraj hahahaha

The Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 9:14

Vic, thank you for all the kind words, I appreciate it and you made me blush!

Your B2B champ,
Tom Ventura
tventura
tventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4