Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RYAN/COUTURIER ETC TRADE VETO

3 posters

:: Trades :: VETO TRADES

Go down

RYAN/COUTURIER ETC TRADE VETO Empty RYAN/COUTURIER ETC TRADE VETO

Post by Yanne Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 22:09

Willy Gets - Wayne Simmonds, Sean Couturier and 2012 1st round pick

Rob gets - Bobby Ryan

I think to be fair to Willy we have to have a vote on this trade aswell! Mark and I did not offer Willy any support in his trades and just as Tom predicted he got taken advantage of! Tom argued with me on the phone tonite to help Willy but I said he was a big boy and could take care of himself. After thinking about it, he needs help.

Both trades crippled him last night. I think Vic's was worse because of Thomas' age but I think if you post Willy's team on any site and ask people if they would take the Bobby Ryan trade they would all say "No" as he's taking himself out of contention for the money! To lose a 70-75 point player and to replace him with Simmonds is a joke!

To be fair, lets have a vote on this trade aswell and Ill talk with Mark about being Willy's trade advisor again!

Please vote!
Yanne
Yanne

Back to top Go down

RYAN/COUTURIER ETC TRADE VETO Empty Re: RYAN/COUTURIER ETC TRADE VETO

Post by Guest Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 22:43

veeeeeetooooooooo!!!

I love it!!

just to be fair!

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 21:42

Team Homo’s are “not” vetoing this trade!
As I stated before, when I first looked at the trade (at 6am in the morning when I was a little fuzzy) I thought the trade was……Couturier and Simmonds for Ryan (which would have been an insta-VETO) but I didn’t see the 1st rounder in 12.
My breakdown:
I’ll start by saying I would have NEVER made this trade if I was Willy as I think this trade will drop him back 20-25 pts this year. This totally contradicts why you traded for Bobby Ryan in the first place (points now) but it’s not up to us to judge how you choose to run your team.
Bobby Ryan – I think you gave up a 70-80 pt player in his prime on the most devastating line in hockey for the next 8-10 years!
1st rounder in 12 – this pick will be anywhere from 6th-9th overall pick which should be a pretty damn good pick!
Couturier – well you can’t avoid the obvious, he went 8th overall in the NHL draft but was rated top 5 for a long time and many people were shocked he dropped that far.
- Lead the “Q” in scoring as a 16 year old, not many players have done that at as a 16 year old and destroyed that league the last 2 years
- Impressed the Philly brass enough to make the team as an 18 year old
- Made the World Junior team as a 17 year old and played well as the 2nd line centre (I’m sure you guys already know some of the young Canadians that did not make that team last year – RNH, Schiefele…)
This guy has pedigree and potential but the fact that he is behind Giroux and Schenn is not the best situation but we can’t deny his upside.
Wayne Simmonds – well I’m not a huge fan of this guy in a fantasy keeper league but I did a little more research on him and LA was not willing to part with this guy when the oilers traded Penner. He was a surprisingly pretty damn good scorer in the OHL and seems destined to be a 2nd line winger in Philly with his skill and size.
Once again that being said I can’t see this guy being anything more than a 50-60 2nd line winger at best but his powerlplay time (3:07) and his 2 points in his first 2 games may suggest differently. I would be SHOCKED if he scores 50 this year but that’s just my opinion.
Once again I will reiterate I think Willy lost this trade by a LARGE margin but he did get 3 young assets for one and the return has some potential. Not a veto trade in mine and Matt’s opinion but Willy you will regret this trade!

A MESSAGE TO WILLY!!!
WILLY I MEAN NO DISRESPECT BY WHAT I’M ABOUT TO SAY BUT I WOULD “HIGHLY” RECOMMEND CONSULTING WITH ONE OF YOUR SON’S BEFORE YOU FINALIZE A TRADE. YOU HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR OVER 7 YEARS WHICH DEFINITELY PUTS YOU AT A DISADVANTAGE AS WE EAT, SLEEP AND BREATH HOCKEY AND I’M NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF COVERAGE OF THE NHL YOU WOULD GET IN EUROPE. YOU ARE UP AGAINST 8 WOLVES IN THIS KEEPER LEAGUE WHO GO STRAIGHT FOR THE JUGULAR AND I TOLD VIC AND JENS FROM DAY 1 THAT THIS WOULD BE A VERY DIFFICULT LEAGUE TO BE IN WITHOUT MARK AS YOUR ASSISTANT GM. I THINK THE UNANIMOUS VETO OF YOUR MILLER TRADE AND THAT FACT THAT NOT ONE OF US THINKS THE RYAN TRADE WAS VERY GOOD IS A BIT OF AN INDICATOR.
tventura
tventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 13:35

Do you and vic not get the idea that noone reads the fucking essays you write??

Cause noone cares about your opinions or breakdowns of trades. Idiots

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 13:49

KATS, HE IS JUST TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE STASTNY TRADE WITH JUSTIFYING THE RYAN TRADE.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT STASTNY HAS SCORED 70 POINTS 3 TIMES AND RYAN ONLY ONCE. THAT'S IT!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://fhcl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 22:24

That was like the Coles notes version

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanne Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 0:40

Haha
Yanne
Yanne

Back to top Go down

Post by tventura Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 11:08

The Stastny trade:

1) I gave up 4 assets for 1

2) Granlund – I’ll take him any day of the week over Couturier. Once again, I’ve seen what this guy does against men (did you watch the world championships?) and in case you haven’t been following him this year - 14pts in 8 games, currently 2nd leading scorer in the league as a 19 year old, this guy’s upside is OFF THE CHARTS!!!! Feel free to offer me some Granlund/Couturier pts bets.
Obviously you are the only one in this league who does not see Granlund’s potential!

3) Demers – 23 years old, 2007-08 CHL defenceman of the year (that means he was rated the best defender in Canadian Junior hockey - the WHL, OHL and the “Q”)
1st NHL season – 21 pts in 51 gms
2nd NHL season – 24 pts in 75 gms
3rd NHL season (this year) – 1 pt in 1 game
I think he has some potential, especially when Dan Boyle retires.

4) Plus a 2nd and 3rd round pick

How many people vetoed the Stastny trade? Vic are you starting to think you are alone on an island???
tventura
tventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 15:35

I'll keep it short.

1. I traded 2 assest for one and mine outscored the other guy last year. Willy is going for it and lost 20-25 pts with Ryan. How much did Willy lose with Miller and Thomas. Still waiting for any takers on that bet. So far 0!
2. Brett Burns got traded to SJ. That is the #1 NOT DEMERS after Boyle retires or sooner!
3. Granlund - good prospect. We will see when the midget comes to N. America. One of the guys you drafted eventually has to pan out!
4. 185 names were called before the CHL defenseman's was called

5. You ripped on my 2nd and throw out there a 2nd and a 3rd. hahaha.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 15:43

Tom, what is worse. Your Stastny trade or Rob's Ryan trade. It's simple just answer

1. Stastny
OR
2. Ryan
OR
3. The same

JUST PICK ONE. NO NEED TO ELABORATE WHY.

While writing this Tom just texted me back:

RYAN
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 15:49

How fucking hillarious is it that ROB WAS THE ONLY OTHER PERSON THAT VETOED YOUR STASTNY TRADE! He stands alone with me on the Stastny Island!hahaha

Rob wanted to veto your trade cause he thought it was bad yet you think his is worse. The hypocrisy in this league is beautiful! I love it.

Last edited by Admin on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 15:57; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 15:55

TEAM BAND AID VOTES NO FOR THE VETO!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 16:00

Rob's trade is officially passed. 2 NO votes pass his trade as it is required to have 6 of 7 to veto a trade.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down